Hello

Annyeong-ha-saeyo!!
Treesa imnida~

Hi, let's say my name is Treesa.. just cause :) I'm 20 year old girl who has an obsession with clothes. I also like make up and all those other girly things. I'm not a very frequent blogger, but please feel free to follow me to get updates from the rare occasions.

Please follow me on Instagram, I post pictures often! Just click the pink Instagram Icon ♥



Instagram
Instagram

Navigation
Home

Make-up Looks

Personal Outfits

Hauls

Reviews


tagboard
stats & lovlies

hit counter


Review: Liese/Prettia Bubble Hair Colour


DESCRIPTION FROM LIESE SITE:
Liese Bubble Hair Color is a new type of permanent hair color. Just apply foam on hair and massage. No more troublesome sectioning of hair! Foam reaches all over the head easily and you can achieve beautiful, evenly colored hair easily! With 17 shades available, choose your favorite colors from the Pink Brown series to Ash Brown series.

STORY BEHIND IT ALL:
First of all I want to talk about my hair before dying:
I've dyed my hair once in March 2011 professionally at a salon, and I've probably done about 3 times self roots touch ups, my hair colour was originally a mixture between a medium ash blonde and brown (I had this done at my cousin's salon, so she made a special colour for me and I did bleach it once to get the colour). Before that I did use a L'Oreal Box Dye, and a Nice and Easy hair dye as well. Overtime, due to my Asian-ness dark hair, it got brassy/coppery over time, so by the 3rd month it was an orangey brown. I would say I use hot tools on my hair about twice a week, and I almost never blow dry my hair when I get out of the shower (Air dry instead, just cause I'm lazy :P).

This is the first time I used Liese Hair Dye:
I was hesitating on either dying my hair again at a salon, but it was a bit pricey. And I didn't want to dye it myself since it would be messy and I can't get all the spots, I don't really trust other people other than pros with my hair ... (especially after trying those drug store dyes, the colour correction process for that was soooo long) I only decided to try this dye out because of the countless reviews I've researched.

PROS:
CONS:
  • Smell is realllllyyyy strong, stronger than  most regular dyes
  • Instructions are in Japanese
  • Suggested time on the box does not get you the colour they depict on the box
  • Stains clothes and some surfaces
PROCESS AND END LOOK:
My younger cousin actually dyed her hair with the Chiffon Beige colour, and she recommended me to leave it in my longer than intended since she didn't get the desired colour she wanted. In the box it says to leave it in no longer than 40 minutes, but I left it in for little over an hour and I managed to get the almost EXACT colour on the box. I AM NOT IN ANYWAY SAYING THAT YOU SHOULD DO THIS TOO, that is just my experience. It's probably bad to leave it in more than intended (obviously =_=), but I took that risk to achieve my hair colour. While waiting I did put a shower cap on top of my foamy hair just to make sure the colour really sunk into my hair, it doesn't say to do that on the box either, and I'm not too sure if it worked, but better to do it anyways right since there's no harm ^__^. Then I only rinsed my hair until the water ran clear, then I just used conditioner (no shampoo!) and blow dry-ed my hair. 

After that, I did not wash my hair for 2 days.. It doesn't say to do that on the box either or the instructions provided on the Liese site, but I figured that my natural oils will help it stay put since that's how it works with most dyes.. and I'm happy to say that it did so far. (It's only been 3 days though hahaha) I only did this because I was scared the colour might fade since my hair was sooo light before.


I picked the colour Elegant Ash, and it's almost close to black, a reallly dark brown with an ashy undertone, in the sun my hair is still a little bit orangey, but not too much. That shouldn't be a problem if you dyed your hair light without bleaching it, I believe it's only orangey because I bleached it once..

OVERALL RATING OUT OF 5: 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DYE!
If you're on a budget that is!
I bought this for $16.99 CAD (not including tax) at my local T&T Supermarket (Asian chain supermarket)
I really recommend this to majority of you guys since it is I believe aimed towards Asian women, concluding that it works and performs well on dark hair colours and for you Asian ladies, the colour choices are very complimenting..



I used Bubzbeauty's hair dying video as a ref for instructions on how to as well as the instructions on the Liese website.

And that's all!

Bye says Ttalgi~

Labels:

"Review: Liese/Prettia Bubble Hair Colour" was Posted On: Monday 20 February 2012 @23:30 | 1 lovely comments


« Older posts | Newer posts »


Layout TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved.
Please view with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Resources: TFN.
Cute Strawberry